What is a Phobia?
A phobia is an intense, involuntary fear toward a particular situation or object.
Even though you may realize the anxiety is inappropriate, you may well feel that you cannot control or change it. The need to avoid the objects or situations that cause anxiety can be so intense that normal living becomes almost impossible.
How does hypnotherapy help physical health problems?
Hypnotherapy can help promoting health through motivating dietry or lyfestyle changes, enhancing the immune system, or promoting self-healing with deep relaxation.
Clients with health issues may wish to explore any emotional issues in their personal history that may have triggered their problems.
Hypnotherapy can be used as a complimentary method that enhances existing medical care and therapies.
For instance, a diabetic client may benefit from hypnotherapy for changing eating patterns, stress management, emotional support, etc, while receiving on-going medical care from physicians.
Hypnotherapy is not intended to be a complete replacement for traditional medicine.
Will I have any control over my actions when I am hypnotized?
1. Hypnotherapy can take place at a shallow level of trance - you need not be "under" as with stage hypnotism
2. Your mind will feel clearer and more focused.
3. Hypnosis can not weaken the mind or create a psychological addiction.
4. You will experience varying degrees of awareness of your surroundings.
5. You can speak and wake up from hypnosis at will.
6. You can not be hypnotised against your will. The therapist needs your cooperation
7. A hypnotised subject will not automatically obey any instruction that is given to them.
Questions and answers on Hypnotherapy, TFT and other therapy- related topics